COMMUNICATION FOR ACTUARIES
How to best connect with your audience.
As actuary, you feel safe in the universe of numbers and formulas! Maybe less so in the universe of words, paragraphs and interactions with people… You speak your technical language. To communicate your findings, ideas, results, arguments to non-actuaries feels more like an art than a science… Especially when it should be clear, effective and understandable for the various recipients of your message. This struggle makes it difficult to achieve your objectives with your work.
You build a solid foundation for your communication skills through training. Not only you gather intellectual knowledge but you also put it into practice. With this toolbox, you know how to tackle your communication challenges.
You are listened to. Your reports are being read. You convince the Board to increase the level of reserves (even if it‘s not a good news). Your internal model is approved by the regulator. You achieve your objectives. You are more confident with communicating and presenting your results. You are less stressed with words, paragraphs and interactions.
A COMMUNICATION TRAINING COURSE:
- With 12 hours of course as an interactive in-person or virtual training
- That covers specific subjects on communication:
- Communication patterns/models, types of behavior/learning
- Verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Virtual communication
- Presentation (as if on „stage“ and on screen) skills
- Discussion & Negotiation
- That ensures that the theory is immediately applied through various interactive and practical exercises
- Specially tailored for actuaries and the situations that they encounter
- Usually held in small groups of 6 to 12 participants
YOUR WORK MATTERS!
You have problems to connect with some stakeholders? You believe that the material you provide them is really good… still it doesn’t translate in concrete results? Or you struggle with explaining a complex topic in a summarized version for those who don’t need to know all the details? Or when you sit in a meeting, you find it difficult to jump in to make a point? You missed too many opportunities to put constructive solutions to the table? Or every time you hold a presentation, your stress level gets so high that you forget the important items and can’t give a trustful and confident impression? Not to think about all these virtual meetings where you see people so small on your screen… that you don’t know if your message reaches out to them?
You’ve been thinking for a while about doing something to improve your communication skills. Maybe you participated to one of my introductory trainings. You know that it’s time to act for more impact with your work. Because your work matters!
All sessions are live, whether in-person or virtually. You let me know what the concrete needs of your team are and when such a training course could take place. The training can also be held in French, German or Swedish if that’s what your organisation needs!
You will immediately apply the theory through various short exercises (in small groups of 2 to 4 ) that relate directly to terms or situations that you encounter in your day-to-day work. Also, you’ll benefit from the vast experience that I, as trainer, will share with you. Be ready for some inspiration and a healthy portion of humor!
Onboarding / Communication patterns / A first impression / Your audience / Explanation of actuarial expression
Types of human behavior / Learning styles / Feedback / Discussion & Negotiation
Structure for reports & presentations / Your message / Your voice / Your mindset / Communication models
Master class / Wrap-up / Take-aways / Conclusion
- Communicate effectively a clear message to any stakeholder
- Make sure that the message is being understood (Make the „complicated“ „easy-to–understand“ to non-actuaries)
- Structure your thoughts and findings in an effective way
- Recognize which patterns/words can have the best impact for which target group
- Practice in writing, in role plays and in presenting
- Participate/lead discussions and negotiations effectively
- Use your voice in a healthy and stable way
- Increase the chance of achieving your objectives with their work
- Come across as credible, confident and constructive business partners
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAID ABOUT „COMMUNICATION FOR ACTUARIES“
“The passion you have for this topic paired with your experience makes you the perfect teacher!”
“I won’t forget this course compared to others I attended.”
“The course was broad enough to provoke thoughts on various forms of communication that each of us could improve.”
“It’s great because you understand our work and language.”
“I was sent to this course and was skeptical. It turned out to be fun and very enriching for my work. I’m looking forward to use that knowledge!”
“We’ll always remember the story with the lion!”
HOW CAN IT WORK FOR YOU?
OPTION 1: BOOK for your organisation for full flexibility
We coordinate dates/times and specific topics, so that:
- You decide if the training should be held in-person or online or a mix of both!
- It suits the time zone(s) of all participants
- It suits the learning speed and time schedule of the participants
Connect with me here for further information about this option.
OPTION 2: INDIVIDUAL COACHING
You have specific issues that you prefer to tackle on a one-on-one basis.
Connect with me here to book an introductory call.